Using SonarQube and the XML Plugin to do code quality checks on SOA Suite components has several benefits compared to other options described at the end of this post.
- It is very flexible and relatively technology independent. It allows you to scan any XML file such as BPEL, BPMN, OSB, Mediator, Spring, composite.xml files
- It requires only configuration of SonarQube, the SonarQube XML Plugin and the CI solution (Jenkins in this example)
- It has few dependencies. It does not require an Oracle Home or custom JAR files on your SonarQube server.
- The XML Plugin has support (by SonarSource) so high probability it will still work in future versions of SonarQube.
- Writing rules is simple; XPath expressions. it does not require you to write Java code to create checks.